A Disciple-Making Environment:
Our focus on Healthy Churches in the Greater Sydney Conference intrinsically calls for an intentional approach to disciple-making. Healthy Churches are disciple-making communities where the Holy Spirit can work in and through people. Biblical discipling is the art of shaping the life of an individual into a growing partnership with God. It begins with the acceptance of the Gospel and then continues integrating Christ’s Lordship into every area of life. In the Greater Sydney Conference, every ministry will, in some way, shape our ability to create a disciple-making environment.
The function of each Departmental Director is:
- To SERVE the local church
- To PROVIDE resources for ministry
- To be AVAILABLE for preaching appointments
- To TRAIN church leaders through seminars
- To COACH in specific areas of ministry